Launch Your Daydream has created over 100 websites over the years, and we’ve worked with multiple different platforms in the past, but a few years ago, I niched down to focusing solely on the Showit platform. It allows for relevant, strategic websites, and it’s SO user-friendly in a way that I’m confident my clients can continue to manage on their own after my custom design work is complete.
Here are a few of the specific reasons I absolutely love (and prefer) Showit as a website platform for photographers—and for anyone, really!
- Creative freedom: Showit is a completely drag-and-drop platform, meaning you can pretty much put anything, anywhere—no restricting ‘block’ format here! As a designer, this brings me so much joy. This means I have total creative freedom and can showcase my clients’ unique brands—even when using templates.
- SEO heaven: Showit makes it really easy to customize SEO settings within your web pages—page titles and descriptions, metadata, text tags on each page, and more. While this is something I take care of for my template customization clients, it’s also set up in such a clear way that I’m confident my clients can make future updates or changes on their own, too.
- Mobile Customization: Speaking of SEO, one of the main factors in your Google search ranking is your mobile optimization. If your website is beautiful on a desktop computer, but a hot squished mess on mobile, your chances of showing up in Google searches are grim. Showit allows you to design your desktop site and mobile site SEPARATELY, so that your users get an incredible experience no matter what device they use.
- WordPress Blogging: Showit + WordPress = a match made in nerdy heaven. With Showit, you get the GORGEOUS design achievable through their innovative drag + drop platform, but you ALSO get the proven power of WordPress for your blog! Blogging is super important when it comes to increasing organic traffic to your website, so partnering up with WordPress is one of those things that makes Showit really stand out from other platforms. I love that my clients get to create their blog posts in a tried and true platform like WordPress, but then once published, their blog gets displayed in their super gorgeous Showit site!
- Best Support Team Ever: The Showit support team (+ even their public resource of hundreds of help docs) is the best of the best. Everyone I’ve ever interacted with in the Showit help chat is so friendly, responsive, and helpful. They never make you feel like you’re asking a dumb question! I 100% trust them with my clients after my design work is complete, which gives me so much more confidence in the service I provide.
Thinking about moving to Showit? I’ve got more resources on this page—as well as HOW to switch from platforms like Squarespace, WordPress, Wix, and more! (Wanna just hand off the job to me? Reach out here! I’d be happy to help.)