Your brand involves the entire experience that your clients have when working with your photography business. As a photographer, you always want to make sure that your business looks and feels its best for your clients.
Today, we’re showing you the top 5 branding mistakes that are easily costing you money:
- No photography specialties. Are you advertising TONS of different types of photography? If it’s over 3 specialties, it’s too much and you won’t likely be able to market directly to dream sessions that you LOVE. So, think about it! When you get an inquiry on your website, which ones do you get that make you feel SO freaking excited? Consider niching down to that, so you can become the go-to photographer for that specialty!
- Not knowing the problems of your dream client. Defining a dream client doesn’t just mean that you know they drink Starbucks. 😉 It means going into their mindset and figuring out their problems — and how your photography services can help them solve those problems!
- Aesthetics not matching the quality of your work. Do you have marketing materials that you’d like to have created but you’re just not feeling like you have the branding aesthetics that fit how your portfolio has progressed? This can cost you time and money every time you’re not able to promote your business in ways you intend to!
- Not knowing + communicating your differentiators. Not sure how your photography business stands out from your competition? Without figuring out your differentiators (and effectively communicating those), clients won’t understand why they should choose you over other photographers!
- Not defining a vision for your photography business. Don’t let yourself get stuck in the day-to-day of being a business owners without defined goals. Try to envision what you’d love your business to look like in a few years. What do you need to do to get there? Without a vision, you’re likely to get stuck and frustrated!
Looking for some help with any or all of the above? Join us (and 600+ photographers) in the “WTF is Branding!?” Facebook group! It’s always easier to make decisions in your business when you have others to lean on!
Now that you know some of the branding mistakes that could be costing you money, don’t forget these three mistakes you could be making on your photography website!