If one of your 2019 goals is to raise your photography prices, you’re in the right place!
But before we talk about the HOW, let’s make sure you’re ready for this first! How do you even know when it’s time to raise your prices?
Here are a few signs that you might be ready to raise your prices!
- You’re getting bookings, but you’re feeling exhausted with your workload. Let’s be real, your business has changed since you last raised your prices, but you feel like you’re not seeing the value of the new changes.
- Your inquiries have gone UP! These inquiries are starting to feel more like ideal clients that don’t try to haggle with you on pricing — and some even tell you that you charge too little for all you do!
- You’ve finally locked in on the aesthetic of your work. You’re finally feeling confident in your editing style and the quality of your work. And, it’s DEFINITELY improved since the last time you raised your prices.
- You’ve added something to your client experience or added to your final deliverable since you first set your prices/since the last time you raised your prices
- You’ve upgraded your brand aesthetic (logo, color palette, etc) and/or your website since you first set your prices/since the last time you raised your prices
- You’ve niched down to one specialty. This will help to show that you’re the expert and go-to person in your area of photography!
If you’re struggling with any (or all!) of the ideas above, reach out to us. We can help give you specific, actionable feedback in a brand + website audit that will help you attract that ideal client, so you can feel ready to raise those prices ASAP!