We're not photographers — we're designers for photographers. We've got a few design + marketing + communication degrees in our back pockets. Our business runs on 90's music, pizza + reality TV.
We first met in The Rising Tide Society FB group in 2015. We helped each other by swapping design services for our individual businesses and we LOVED working together. So much so, that we started offering combined service packages for our clients! Then, once we figured out the magic was there for us + our clients, we decided to merge our businesses and create LYD in 2017 — before ever meeting in person!
We specialize in branding + website design for photographers. Over the last few years, we've learned so much from our brand + website work with photographers about their struggles in their business. LYD focuses on strategic, beautiful design for these photographers to attract their unique ideal client and keep them coming back!
Our clients always tell us how when they go through this brand + website journey with us, their mindset changes to being a "legit business owner". Pretty powerful stuff, right!? When we brainstormed for a name for this biz, we wanted our clients to be able to think about the photography business of their dreams. By equipping them with branding education + design, they're able to launch (or re-launch!) their dream photography business, even if they've been in the business for years!
AT LAUNCH YOUR DAYDREAM!
• I'm an ENFJ and Enneagram Type 2.
• I grew up in a military family and now I'm a military spouse. Oorah!
• We have 3 tuxedo cats, which we collectively refer to as our gala.
• I love to make pasta and bread from scratch. #carbsarebae
• My husband and I are hoping to grow our family through adoption.
• My Spotify is a mixed bag and totally depends on my mood! I listen to everything from 90s pop to hip-hop to classical (shout to my fellow Vivaldi fans lol). I also have a soft spot for early 2000s emo music!
When I got my degree in Marketing, I knew I wanted to do something creative with it. My initial goal was to work in advertising with big, popular brands. I was fortunate enough to get a taste of that world right after college but soon realized that it wasn't fulfilling for me. When my journey finally led me to work 1-on-1 with creative business owners, I knew I had found my sweet spot. Getting to connect with passionate photographers (who end up becoming friends!) while I help them gain confidence in their business is what makes me so excited to do what I do!
• INFJ + Enneagram type 2!
• I've been married for almost 8 years and have the coolest 1st grader in town
• I'm an Ohioan... I say "ope" and "no, you're fine!" on the daily
• I'm down to $10k left on my student loan for my Website Design + Communications degrees #sendhelp #iwillcrywhenitsallover
• My hair will stay hot pink until the end of time
• My Spotify is full of 90's + 2000 pop music — most of that being Backstreet Boys, O-Town, Jason Mraz, Hanson... and acoustic covers of all of the above! ;)
I've been a website designer for 16 years + I seriously love what I do. From coding AOL + MySpace profiles back in the day, to working as a consultant + project manager in my old 9-5 jobs, I've worked my way up to owning a successful business and I wouldn't change a thing about my journey to get there. Working with photographers + other creatives to figure out creative solutions to problems that they're struggling with makes me so freakin' happy.
tell me why — aint nothing but a heartache. tell me why — ain't nothing but a mistake. tell me why — i never wanna hear you say.... i want it that way. tell me why — aint nothing but a heartache. tell me why — ain't nothing but a mistake. tell me why — i never wanna hear you say.... i want it that way.tell me why — aint nothing but a heartache. tell me why — ain't nothing but a mistake. tell me why — i never wanna hear you say.... i want it that way. tell me why — aint nothing but a heartache. tell me why — ain't nothing but a mistake. tell me why — i never wanna hear you say.... i want it that way.